Sunday, January 13, 2008

my brother's keeper......but not my stalker's!!

Why is it that I felt so much for my stalker? Why did I want him to get counseling? Why do I remember so vividly telling him that if he didn't get help he would never have a decent, healthy relationship with anybody? All this while he was still abusing me....
I was brought up in a humble household. We did not have much in the way of material things. We had plenty for our lifestyle, simple that it was, and we always had plenty to give. Anyone in need of a break or a few dollars could always get it from my dad. Our little grocery store always had credit accounts. And, Daddy would always give somebody a few dollars and hold their chainsaw or lawnmower for it. I'm sure there was never any interest earned. If somebody's car broke down, Daddy would work on it for days if need be. We treated everybody politely. It's funny looking back. My parents were both so quiet and timid almost. How did they come up with the idea of opening a store to sell groceries to the public? Meeting people seemed to intimidate them... I'll have to bring this up with Mom sometime.

I believe, always have, that we must participate and contribute to the community that we are a part of. Just as we treat other as we would have them treat us. The community offers more to us when we participate and give to it.

No comments: